State Concert Band Adjudicated Event
Friday, May 1 – Gahanna Lincoln HS
Concert Band – Directed By Mr. De La Cruz
3:00pm – Report time (students should get dressed after school and should bring a snack)
6:00 – Perform (in Auditorium)
8:45 – Arrive back at DCHS
Friday, May 1 – Gahanna Lincoln HS
Symphonic Band – Directed by Mr. Bradstreet
6:15pm – Report
8:50 – Perform (in Auditorium)
10:00 – End Sight Reading
(*If there is anyone that needs to leave early due to the SAT Test, 10:00 p.m. is the time to meet a director in the Cafeteria. Students need to present a note to Mr. Bradstreet by next Friday 5th Period. All students can only be released to a guardian or parent.)
11:30 – Arrive back at DCHS
Mattress Sale – Saturday, May 9th – 10am-5pm
Dear Dublin Coffman Marching Band Parents,
Wednesday students received materials and information discussing our 4th annual mattress sale benefiting the Dublin Coffman Marching Band. The event will take place on May 9th from 10:00am to 5:00pm in the Dublin Coffman High School Cafeteria. Last year, this sale was a huge success for both the band families and the band program.
We are very excited about this fundraiser for many reasons:
- The members do not have to sell anything!
- The members do not have to collect any money or be responsible for any product distribution!
- It is a one-day event that should raise us several thousand dollars!
- There is no out of pocket expense to the band!
- The fundraising organization is extremely professional, organized, and handles almost all of the leg-work.
- The mattresses are extremely high quality and have outstanding warranties!
- The mattresses are deeply discounted: 30% – 50% below retail stores!
- Our band members can earn personal referral bonuses!
Your contribution to this event is simply to get the word out about the mattress sale!
We are sending this brief note home to make sure you are aware of the event and to let you know what we need the band members to do.
- We need each member to find at least one referral to come in and check out the sale. 1 out of every 10 families buys a new mattress every year – so they need to talk to about 10 families on average to find a referral that is in the market!
- The students received a flyer to distribute. Please legibly write your child’s name on the flyer to receive the $25 bonus towards band camp.
- We need each student to “work” a 1.5 hour shift where they will stand on one of 4 designated street corners throughout Dublin to generate publicity for our event. We know there is Prom and a percussion rehearsal. All we ask is to do your best.
- Finally, please distribute this information on your Facebook accounts, email address books, twitter accounts, etc. No pressure in face-to-face sales, just SPREAD THE WORD!
Basic info about the sale:
- There will be 20 models including Simmons Beautyrest and Five-Star by Serta
- Delivery is available roughly 2 weeks after the sale date.
- No pressure sales – just savings to our community of 30-50% below retail.
- All we ask is that people come in and look.
Please copy and distribute the attached flyer to anyone who might be interested, in order for your student to receive their credit for any sales made in their name.
We appreciate your support of our fundraiser. I hope that you would be able to help your child spread this information to neighbors, co-workers, families and friends.
In addition to any FB the band will put up, Just Get Sleep has created a Mattress Event page for D.C.H.S. Band at:
April 27, 7:00 – 8:30 Symphonic Band After School Practice
April 28, 7:00 – 8:30 Concert Band After School Practice
May 6, 7:00 – Jazz Bands with Capital University Faculty Jazz Group
May 13, 7:00 – Spring Concert Band Concert
May 30, early afternoon – Graduation (9-11 Concert and Symphonic Band members)