Thursday, July 2nd 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, July 3rd 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.***
Saturday, July 4th Report 10:30 a.m. Parade – 11:00 a.m. (Summer Uniform)
*On Friday, July 3rd, the Boosters will be providing the band with a treat following rehearsal – this will happen at 4:30. If anyone is planning on heading downtown for Red, White and Boom that evening, they are welcome to leave at 4:30 on that day.
4th OF JULY PARADE DETAILS:
- report to Metro Place North (off of Frantz Rd. – by Max and Erma’s) at 10:30 Saturday Morning
– students should report IN SUMMER UNIFORM
- students need to have their instrument with them – DO NOT BRING CASES; LEAVE THEM IN THE CAR / AT HOME
- students should bring a small (8 oz.) bottle of water to drink prior to stepping off in the parade (we will collect the trash)
– students will need to arrange to meet their parents somewhere following their parade performance – We will NOT end the parade where it begins. The parade will end at 181 S. High St. (in Old Dublin – Mr. Bradstreet’s childhood home!). Parents should either meet their child there or arrange to meet them somewhere along the parade route. ONCE WE FINISH THE PARADE, IT IS THEN THE STUDENTS’ RESPONSIBILITY TO MEET UP WITH THEIR PARENTS.
*All students need to take their instruments home after Friday’s rehearsal. This includes large instruments (percussion, tubas, etc.) – please make plans to be able to transport these instruments home!*
IMPORTANT – Summer Uniform Parts Not Bought at EDG:
If a student would/need to wear a belt, we ask that they buy a BLACK belt that has no ornamentation or large buckle.
Also, we ask the students to wear “white-ish” shoes for the parade. All returning members should wear their marching shoes if they do not have a pair of white tennis shoes.
Freshmen have two options if you don’t own white tennis shoes:
1) See Mrs. Reeves for extra pairs of white marching shoes that we still have from last year.
2) OR, Buy a cheap pair at Wal-Mart or another discount store.
Summer band uniforms should be purchased before the July 4th Parade from:
Embroidery Design Group
2564 Billingsley Rd.
Columbus, OH 43235
M, Tu, Th – 8AM-7PM;
W, F – 8AM-5PM;
Sat. – 11AM-2PM
Polo (band & guard)
$13.00 sizes S-XL;
$15.00 for 2 XL
Hat (band only)
Shorts (band only)
$28.00 sizes 28-42 men’s; sizes 0-20 ladies
$30.00 for sizes 44-52
Purchase white tennis skirt/skort at Embroidery Design Group ($26) or Dick’s Sporting Goods – ask Mrs. Reeves if you have questions at email@example.com
July 27-31 Pre-Camp (the start of mandatory practices)
July 27 All Band Camp forms are due
July 27 DCI Show at Coffman Stadium!! – Emerald City Music Games
July 28 New Parent Information Meeting – 7:00pm
Aug. 2 – 8 Band Camp (in Jackson, Ohio)
EMERALD CITY MUSIC GAMES
Once again, Drum Corps International is coming to Dublin! On Monday July 27th at 7 PM, the Emerald City Music Games will take place at Coffman HS. This is a chance to see some of the top drum and bugle corps in the country right in our own backyard! Come and see the absolute best in the marching and musical arts – including the DCI World Champion Concord Blue Devils!
ECMG is also sponsoring two events for high school students. One is clinic to help students with their marching and playing technique ($50) and they are also sponsoring a leadership clinic ($75). Both include admission into the event. See website for details.
For more info and tickets, please visit www.emeraldcitygames.org. We hope to see you there!