Band Uniform Clarification:
All white pants and shoes must be cleaned before departure. Remember it takes the pants some time to dry. This should be done this weekend to insure that they are dry.
Broadway Show Dress Clarification:
We would like the kids to dress in NOTHING LESS CASUAL than jeans and a “nice” shirt/top on Saturday. No sweats or athletic wear for pants. We will be walking around NYC all day and being in dress clothes is unrealistic.
Mr. and Mrs. Snide have donated 180 zipper pocket lanyards for use on the trip. The students will wear their lanyard at all times and will provide a safe place to store their money and information for the trip. Thank you!!
Parade Viewing On TV and Live Streaming on the Internet:
The parade may be viewed two different ways. In Columbus, parents should check their local cable provider for the “WWHO” network. They can watch the live broadcast from 9:00am – 12:00. WWHO is a sister station of WSYX and they agreed to specifically air this parade for the Dublin families.
Another way to view the telecast is to log on to the following links. This is a “Live Feed” and will not be the same as the TV coverage on WWHO.
The personnel at 6abc in Philadelphia think that the Dublin Coffman Band would pass through the televised area somewhere around 9:05 to 9:25 but of course this is not guaranteed.
If you didn’t attend the meeting, we’ve provided the handouts as attachments.
- If your son or daughter takes medications, they need to pick up a card from a director on MONDAY for you to provide the prescription name, dose, frequency and and side effects.
- If any medications have changed since band camp, you will need to update your district form
>> 2340C-F1 <<
- We’ve reached out to every student (and parents that attended the meeting) that used an outdated/incorrect form from band camp that granted permission to go to both band camp and the Philly/NYC trip. You child received this information last week and we are still missing forms. This is a notarized form and is attached. >> 2340C-F1 <<
- Please review the rules and regulations with your child. Any serious infraction will result in the student being sent home at the parent’s expense. >> DCS 2340C-F3)<<
- Carry-On bag needs to be soft case such as a back pack.
- Please read over the packing instructions. >> Packing Instructions – Philly 14 <<
- Students need enough money for 3 Lunches and 1 (possibly 2) Breakfasts. All other expenses is whatever they might want for souvenirs.
Band Director Weight Loss Challenge:
The results are in!! After three months of grueling conditions, the directors at Dublin Coffman High School have ended their weight loss challenge. We started with 3 but Mr. Wallick pulled out early due to a conflict of interests. His publicist put out this statement: “Mr. Wallick loves food too much to not eat it.”
Mr. Bradstreet came up short in the last 3 weeks of the challenge. He had two options: 1) Go the the gym after school and work out or 2) Work after school on the logistics of the trip to insure an amazing experience for the wonderful band students at Dublin Coffman High School. Mr. Bradstreet chose #2. Because of his tireless dedication to the logistics and planning of the trip, he hopes the students, chaperones and directors have a fun trip filled with memories that will last a lifetime. However, this decision let the door open for Mr. De La Cruz.
Mr. De La Cruz was the convincing winner! He worked tirelessly at the gym and made many healthy lifestyle choices that have paid off tremendously. He also took advantage of not having a daughter that eats Pop-Tarts every morning and two sons who love to have their dad make S’Mores in the microwave for them every evening.
In the end, Mr. De La Cruz and Mr. Bradstreet lost a combined total of 50.2 lbs. Mr. De La Cruz lost 13% body weight and Mr. Bradstreet lost 11% body weight.
Congratulations to Mr. De La Cruz!