Saturday, April 26th
Gahanna Lincoln High School
Concert Band (Mr. Rice)
report – 7:45 AM
perform – 10:30 AM
approx. return to DCHS – 1:00 PM
Symphonic Band (Mr. Bradstreet)
report – 10:45 AM
perform – 1:25 PM (this is a change from previous emails)
approx. return to DCHS – 4:00 PM
Commencement band is made up of the Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors from Concert and Symphonic Band. This group will rehearse together during 5th period following the Spring Concert (May 13th). Commencement will take place Saturday, May 31st at 10 AM at the Schottenstien Center.
Leadership Training will take place during the 5th period exam time on Friday May 30th. Any student who plans on applying for squad leader must attend this session.
We have two back-to-back weekend events in May for Coffman band.
Volunteers are needed to help with these two events.
Friday, MAY 2, 2014 – 7PM – 8:30PM
We have attached the Turn-In Instructions again, for your review.
MANY VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO ASSIST WITH UNIFORM TURN-IN! Hours are 6:30pm to 9:00pm Friday, May 2. Please go to www.tinyurl.com/turnin2014 to sign up.
Please email Jocelyn Alford (email@example.com) with any questions. Thank you!
Saturday, MAY 10, 2014 – 10AM – 4PM
And to make the Mattress Sale event a continued success, we are in need of 16 parents to help “Chaperone” the students while they are advertising the Mattress Sale at different locations around Dublin on May 10th from 10 am to 4 pm. Shifts are only 1½ hours each! So please sign up today! It’s an easy job and the students do have fun with the advertising! Your duty will to bring a lawn chair and supervise the students as they advertise the Mattress Sale.
The first crew will meet at DCHS around 9:45AM to get materials and information. The rest of the shifts will take over at the 4 locations.
Any questions, please contact Kelly Merino at Kmerino@columbus.rr.com.
Please >> Download & Review the Uniform Turn-in Instructions <<, which is scheduled for Friday, May 2nd from 7 to 8:30 PM.
Please >> Download the Order Form << and deliver it to your director in an envelope marked “For Olivia”. To insure accuracy of delivery, please mark all orders with your band member’s name in the event that the check or credit card has a different last name. All orders will be delivered to Dublin Coffman High School.
Make all checks out to: “12 POINTS GRAPHICS AND APPAREL”.
Thank you for supporting the Olivia Aicher Scholarship Fund.
Director of Bands
Dublin Coffman High School
Performing Arts Lead Teacher, Dublin City Schools
MARCHING BAND REGISTRATION IS FOUND ONLINE!!!!
For us to know who is going to be in the Dublin Coffman Marching Band you must access the following website address regardless of how you pay your deposit:
>> http://tinyurl.com/DCMBcamp2014 <<
Please register by Thursday, April 3, 2014
1) Only those students who are participating in the Coffman Marching Band should register.
2) Students participating in ‘Fall Sport Athletics’ DO NOT have to access this web address.
From this address, we can record all of the valuable data that has taken many hours to input with our 210+ students’ and parents’ information.
Please note that there are a few things that need explanation:
- If you would like to pay the deposit by check instead of using PayPal, you can turn your check in to your Middle School or High School band director. Please make the check out to ‘Dublin Music Boosters’ and PLEASE PLACE IT IN AN ENVELOPE WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME CLEARLY PRINTED. Please put your student’s name in the MEMO line of the check. IMPORTANT: Regardless if you send in a check, every student must access the website to register for Marching Band.
- To have a centralized place of emergency contact information, we would like to have
parents’ cell phone numbers. In our digital world, this is much easier to find than in the 600 pages of medical forms.
- If a field is marked “Optional” or “For Emergency Use Only”, please understand that we will not make this information public in our directory.
- We will still need to collect all of the District information (found below) at the start of Pre-Camp. Please make note of any form that might need to be NOTARIZED.
*This packet was sent home to 8th graders; current band members are only receiving this information through email and on our website.
The following Forms and Documents are available for students and parents. ALL camp forms are due on Monday, July 28th.
* Remember that a few of the forms MUST be notarized. Most banks provide this service to their customers as a courtesy. And be sure to make a copy of your insurance card (front and back) too.